In the second half of July I had the privilege of traveling to Dirashe land. Dirashe are the less known neighbours of the Konso people. The largest town is called Gidole and is about a 45 minutes drive from Arba Minch.They have linguistic and cultural similarities with the Konso but also have lots of very specific practices that do not exist elsewhere in Ethiopia or Africa. This is a beautiful part of Ethiopia and I had the chance to do a short pilot study on local food practices. I can tell you that preliminary results show that this is a place I will come to cook and eat many times in the future. It is delicious. And fascinating.
- RT @njerudeee: #Amboseli National Park is truly the home of Elephants. We should protect them for future generations to also enjoy http://t… 3 minutes ago
- Stupid narcissistic man hurt my friend. Don't know him but wld love 2 punch him in da face. Had it with people who don't think be4 speaking 7 hours ago
- RT @WorldBankWater: Access to #water #sanitation services can't be universal w/out being #accessible too wrld.bg/L5RMc #post2015 h… 9 hours ago
- RT @Koaci: #Burkina Faso: Ayant obtenus une hausse de 15% de leur salaires, les agents de de la Brakina mettent fin... http://t.co/HVoWP3u… 9 hours ago
- RT @brittlepaper: "Success (as a writer) is 10% talent, 10% luck, 80% blood, sweat, tears & determination." brittlepaper.com/2015/03/quotes… http://t… 9 hours ago